Airlock – Work in Progress

So…I finally finished inking the background of “Airlock” (unofficially the official name of the comic) and started adding flat colors. The funny thing is, I have a ton of imagery to draw over the background, probably covering it by about 50% or so, but these elements will be scattered randomly, so it was just easier to illustrate the whole background now and then draw the new elements on a layer above.

Airlock_K2_1

Airlock_K2_2

Airlock_K2_3

And before you ask…yes, these images are intended to be upside down. Because…something something something story. You’ll get it when you read it 😉

This comic is intended to be a folded 11″ x 17″ that you read as you unfold it. Nifty. When I get a little further, I should be able to show you how that works…

And I’m either a genius or an idiot, I’m not sure which, but I’m trying something new and inking this piece at 200% size (34″ x 22″). Most comics are created at about 166% finished size and then reduced to smooth out the inked lines. I’m hoping that the extra bit of size will help hide the fact that my current digital inking setup doesn’t allow me to use a ruler, so there’s not a true straight line in the whole thing.

Yep, I’ve decided…I’m an idiot. But this idiot is happy with how this is turning out 🙂

Thanks for reading!

BF

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s